The job of a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is one that has become increasingly complex as more frequent security threats emerge. A typical CISO has broad responsibilities for establishing and maintaining an organization’s strategy to ensure information assets and technologies are protected.
The CISO’s additional duties include directing staff in reducing IT risks, implementing procedures that protect the enterprise, and responding to incidents. In many organizations, the CISO needs to combine the communications skills necessary to advise the board and CEO with the technical chops to manage tactical delivery.
The demand for CISO’s has increased dramatically, but it takes years to develop the necessary skills. The difficulty arises for many organizations trying to attract and retaining world-class skills because of location, industry, or scale. Although these organizations face the realities of an ever-growing risk of cyber attacks, many of them do not have the resources to hire a CISO candidate. Cybis’ Managed CISO service is designed to fill that gap with a flexible, highly capable, and affordable alternative. Here are some benefits of the Managed CISO model over the traditional CISO employee model.
As a trusted advisor, Cybis provides CISOaaS services which include:
- Driving cybersecurity strategy at an enterprise-level
- Assisting with tactical decision-making, such as vetting vendors and technical solutions
- Honing security policies to address organizational and cultural vulnerabilities
- Briefing executive and board-level personnel on current threats and security initiatives
- Driving more efficient utilization of existing human and technical resources against concrete threats
Cybis is a cybersecurity consulting firm comprised of former National Security Agency (NSA), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Energy (DOE), and US Senate cyber operators who provide advisory and Managed CISO services to leading organizations across the globe.