PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Convergint is bound by privacy legislation in each of the jurisdictions it conducts business in, including for the purposes of this Policy, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in Australia and the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) in New Zealand (collectively referred to as Privacy Legislation). This Policy explains how and why Convergint (Oceania) collects, uses, holds, and discloses your personal information.
This Policy applies to Convergint operations (Oceania) and is applicable to external parties. Convergint colleagues seeking information about how your employment related information is protected, please access lnfoSec PRO 001 Privacy Procedure (Oceania).
Convergint is an authorised distributor or reseller, and not the manufacturer, developer, or provider (“Third Party Provider”), of products and services that you may obtain from Convergint (“Third Party Products”). When a customer engages Convergint as a service provider or data processor, Convergint’s processing is governed by applicable customer agreements and its obligations are limited solely to processing performed by Convergint’s personnel. Third-Party Providers may be independent processors of Personal Information you control, and their processing is governed by applicable agreements between you and them. Convergint is not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of Third-Party Providers or Products, which may be different from those described in this Policy. Convergint is also not responsible for its customers’ compliance with applicable privacy or data protection laws.
This policy does not apply to end users of products or systems that we sell to or deploy, configure, support, or manage for our customers – such end users should refer to privacy policies provided by such customers.
|Means Convergint (Oceania), Prosys and POMT.
|Information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual that could be identified through its use. This could include a name, address, telephone number, or email address. Personal Information includes Sensitive Information.
|Is a subset of Personal Information that may include information or opinion about an individual’s:
- Membership of a professional or trade association;
- Membership of a trade union;
- Health information;
- Criminal record;
- Racial or ethnic origin.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Convergint will collect your Personal Information directly from all of your interactions with it. Convergint may collect Personal Information where reasonably necessary or where it relates directly to Convergint’s functions and activities. Convergint may collect Sensitive Information when
- consent is provided;
- the collection is a legal requirement; or
- the collection is allowed under the Privacy Legislation.
The kinds of Personal Information Convergint may collect, and hold includes:
- contact and company profile information such as your name, company name, business street and postal address, telephone and facsimile number, email address or other personal contact details;
- professional information including your position title and job responsibilities;
- your interests in goods and services and past purchases;
- accounting and shipping information, such as your payment and delivery information and preferences for purchases;
- service history and service information;
- commercial information about our business relationship;
- communications history, including correspondence Convergint has had with you
- Internet and browsing data, as further explained below; and
- other information you share with us from time to
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
Convergint collects, stores, and uses your Personal Information so that it can:
- provide you with products and services, and manage its relationship with you;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or to tell you something important;
- comply with its legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
- protect its legitimate safety, security, or business interests; or
- identify and tell you about other products or services that it thinks may be of interest to you.
If you do not provide Convergint with your Personal Information, it may not be able to provide you with its services, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
Convergint may collect information about how you access, use, and interact with its websites. This information may include:
- the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited; and
- technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language, and operating system.
HOW INFORMATION IS STORED
Convergint stores most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either Convergint or its external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that we store securely.
Convergint implements and maintains reasonable processes and security measures to protect Personal Information which it holds from misuse, interference, or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
These processes and systems include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- internal information security policies;
- company-wide training about information security; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practise against our own policies and against industry best practice.
Convergint will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information once it no longer requires it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under Privacy Legislation. Convergint will only hold your Personal Information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it may be lawfully used or as otherwise permitted by Privacy Legislation. Convergint will destroy or archive Personal Information in a secure manner.
HOW DISCLOSURE IS MANAGED
Convergint may transfer or disclose your Personal Information to our family of related companies, including affiliated entities.
Convergint may disclose Personal Information to external service providers and contractors so that they may perform services on behalf of Convergint. Convergint may also disclose your Personal Information to others where:
- Convergint is required or authorised by law to do so;
- disclosure is required for safety or security reasons;
- you may have expressly consented to the disclosure, or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- Convergint is otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the relevant legislation.
Convergint will retain your Personal Information within our global databases. On some occasions Convergint may need to disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients to enable us to provide goods and services and for other management purposes. Recipients of such disclosures are likely to be members of our corporate group located in the United States of America. Convergint will take all reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas entity does not breach the APPs in relation to the information or is bound by a substantially similar privacy law or scheme to the Australian and New Zealand legislation as applicable, unless you consent to the overseas disclosure, or it is required or permitted by law.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
A person has the right to request access to their Personal Information held by Convergint and to request correction where necessary.
To seek access to your Personal Information please email [email protected] providing your name and contact details, explaining the Personal Information you wish to access and how you would like to access that information (email or post).
Convergint will endeavour to provide a response within 30 calendar days of becoming aware of a request.
Convergint may decline a request in certain circumstances in accordance with Privacy Legislation, including if there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Convergint and the person requesting it, or another identified third party.
Convergint will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate, complete, and up to date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information, we hold about you and letting us know if your personal details change.
Where a person believes that Convergint has breached their privacy rights they may register a complaint using the contact details outlined in section 8 of this Policy.
Convergint will acknowledge the complaint within 48 business hours of becoming aware of the complaint and provide a response within 30 calendar days.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which the Convergint has handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (www.oaic.gov.au) or the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner as applicable for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
This Policy does not form part of any contract between Convergint and any person and is not, and is not intended to be, contractual in nature or to have any contractual effect. Convergint can vary, replace, or revoke this Policy at any time.