The Convergint Cares Foundation has established the James Willis Scholarship to assist children of Convergint colleagues who plan on continuing their education through 2/4-year college or vocational school programs. This program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), a third-party designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs.
Currently, the James Willis Scholarship is only accepting applications for scholarships in the United States.
For the Fall 2021 semester, the James Willis Scholarship will be awarding the following scholarships for continued education:
20 General Scholarship recipients will receive an award in the amount of $2,500.
2 STEM Scholarship recipients will receive an award in the amount of $5,000.
Awards are non-renewable and for undergraduate studies only.
Award recipients are selected based on academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, career and educational aspirations and goals, an online recommendation, and demonstrated financial need. The selection of award recipients shall be made solely by ISTS and in no instance will any colleague of Convergint or the Convergint Cares Foundation participate in the selection process.
To apply for the James Willis Scholarship, you must:
- Be the dependent child of a full-time colleague of Convergint (or a U.S. subsidiary) who has been employed for at least twelve months as of the application deadline.
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate studies for the 2021-22 academic year at an accredited U.S. institution (including two-year and four-year colleges/universities and vocational/trade schools).
The James Willis Scholarship is offering a limited number of scholarship awards for women and non-binary individuals who fall within certain minority groups and aspire to earn a degree and pursue a career in one of the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics). To be eligible for these awards, in addition to meeting the eligibility criteria above, you must:
- Be pursuing a major or degree in one of the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics).
- Identify as a woman or non-binary person.
- Identify with one of the following groups: African American or Black, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Native American or Native Alaskan.
Create an account, complete all the required fields, and upload all required documents in the online application HERE.
July 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone
Convergint colleagues can follow the instructions in this payroll deduction form HERE.
Send a one-time donation via PayPal HERE.
Click HERE to download FAQ.