MAKING A DAILY DIFFERENCE
Through our Values & Beliefs, we have created a culture of service here at Convergint – a culture that we believe is central to our success as an organization. Not only do we serve and give to our local communities all throughout the year, but we also take it to the next level with our yearly Convergint Social Responsibility Day. Each year in June, Convergint shuts down operations for a full work day in order to allow our colleagues to go into their communities and contribute to those in need.
The impact from our 16th annual Convergint Social Responsibility Day reached 64 local charitable organizations where we volunteered in 2017. Since its inception in 2002, Convergint Social Responsibility Day has given colleagues across all territories the chance to roll up their sleeves and make a difference in the local communities where they live. Convergint colleagues gathered as teams early in the morning, were briefed on safety and the day’s projects, and then got down to business.
Teams installed cameras and security systems, landscaped, planted gardens, filled potholes, served food, sorted clothes, operated Bobcats and augers, painted, stocked shelves, poured concrete, built homes, installed fences, cleaned, moved furniture, cleared brush, split wood, and so much more. The benefits to our local communities were immediate and visible, and this day has a profound effect on all our colleagues.
“We have paintings from the children from Hull Homes all over our office representing every year of Convergint Day. After volutneering, we have a barbeque at end of day and all of the children, teacher, and social workers join, and they are so overwhelmed by our support to make their facility and grounds better for them to enjoy!”
“Over the last two years, our team has worked hard at this same camp. Many of us perform tasks here that are well outside of our comfort zones. We get more from it then we actually give; that is the unique thing about giving back. That’s very special indeed, especially when you do it as a team!”
“Every year we look forward to this day. It gives us the opportunity to come together and work as one for the needs of others that may be struggling or are unable to do what we are capable of due to unforeseen circumstances. It’s always a great day working side by side with our Convergint brothers and sisters. Convergint is truly an amazing company, and the colleagues are just as amazing. I am blessed to be a part of it.”
- 2,345 colleagues, friends, and family members volunteered at 64 organizations across the country.
- 107,200 meals were served or prepared.
- More than 20% of volunteers chose to help out at the same charity for the second or more year in a row.
- 45% of colleagues did some type of security system updating with cameras, doors, lighting or general security.
- 5,000 medical supplies were packed for those in need.
- Colleague donations included cameras and security systems, auger rentals, lumber and building supplies, gravel, paint, medical supplies, and monetary donations.
- 34,000 backpacks were filled for military families.
WHERE WE HELPED
- Assistance for the homeless
- Short-term housing
- Low income assistance
- Crisis and transition assistance
- Food pantry
- Help for the underfed
- Youth support at clubs & camps
- Assistance for special needs adults
- Support for children with disabilities
- Military assistance for adults and families
- Charitable organizations focusing on animals
- Therapeutic groups
- Nature preservation
- Social services
- Disaster relief
- Medical support