Recent information released by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) has confirmed what most working in healthcare security have suspected for years: staff working in hospitals can and do experience much higher rates of workplace violence than individuals in other occupations. The rate of violent crime increased 40%, from 2.0 to 2.8 incidents per 100 beds.
In response to this growing threat, Shooter Detection Systems (SDS) has developed gunshot detection technology that is designed to save lives and minimize the destruction caused during mass shooting incidents: the Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System offered by SDS and Convergint Technologies.
The Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System accurately detects gunshots and provides precise location information to first responders and security professionals within a second of the first shot. Based on the proven, military-grade capabilities of its sensors, its success during trials, its zero false-alert history, and its inherent ease of integration, Guardian offers the most widely installed and accurate gunshot detection system available. After extensive research, Guardian was determined to be “best-in-class” of gunshot detection technology and is slated for installation in January 2017.
Shooter Detection Technology
Shooter Detection Features
- Fastest gunshot reporting product in the marketplace at under one second
- Zero false alerts with no unnecessary lockdowns
- Low total cost of ownership
- Flush- or wall-mounted design fits into a standard electrical box
- Simple integration with security systems
- Tamper resistant
- Easily integrates into any network using standard Power Over Ethernet
- Features simulation and training modes
- Built-in test provides continuous feedback loop
- Made in the U.S.A.
Request A Call