MAKING A DAILY DIFFERENCE
At no other time of the year do our deeply held Values & Beliefs come to life more than on Convergint Social Responsibility Day. For the past 18 years, on the first Friday in June, Convergint closes for a full, paid workday so that our colleagues may go out to serve in their communities.
The volunteer efforts taking place for our 18th annual service day on June 7th were a culmination of year-long planning, in-person meetings, non-profit coordination, donation requests, and so much more, and they continue well beyond our official service day.
Since 2002, Convergint Social Responsibility Day has given colleagues the chance to serve local communities. This year, 2,872 Convergint colleagues—including family members and employees from partner organizations—volunteered at 68 organizations in 80 communities. Convergint offices and partners donated more than $142,250 in technology, including $98,250 for schools and $44,000 for non-profits.
Highlighting the day were the 431 colleagues at 17 schools who provided community support through our STEP Up—Secure, Train, Educate, and Protect—initiative, dedicated to enhancing school security in underserved areas. Through STEP Up efforts, schools in Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Nashville, Orlando, Richmond, San Antonio, and Tulsa received enhanced security, including nearly $100,000 worth of technology donated by our partners. The Convergint team installed security cameras, access panels and doors, intercom systems, and monitors. They inspected and updated systems, audited existing facilities, and provided security recommendations.
Convergint colleagues also supported 34 veteran, military, therapeutic, nature, and social services organizations; 16 homeless, low-income, and crisis transition shelters, and 14 food banks and pantries. Numerous public parks and facilities, animal rescue and support organizations, hospice groups, homebuilding organizations, and groups that support foster care, at-risk youth, and the developmentally disabled also received assistance.
In addition to security-related projects, colleagues and volunteers sorted more than 500,000 pounds of food and prepared 6,000 meals. They repaired, built, and painted fences damaged in recent floods. They cleaned up and planted trees, shrubs, and flowers; harvested crops and planted gardens; painted fire hydrants and playgrounds; built homes, sheds, a greenhouse, tables and dressers; repaired roofs, sorted warehouse inventory; installed an obstacle course, playground, and riding trail, and filled disaster relief buckets.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY DAY HIGHLIGHTS
- 2,872 Convergint colleagues, family, and friends volunteered at 104 local organizations in need.
- 431 colleagues from ten regions stepped up at 17 local underserved schools.
- More than $1,054,000 donated by Convergint in payroll.
- Colleagues in Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Nashville, Orlando, Richmond, San Antonio, and Tulsa provided schools with new security cameras, testing of fire alarm systems, audits of existing facilities, and security recommendations.
- Colleagues organized more than 500,000 pounds of food and prepared more than 6,000 meals.
- $142,250 in donations from business partners, customers, friends, and family.
WHERE WE HELPED
- Military assistance for adults and families
- Charitable organizations focusing on animals
- Therapeutic groups & medical support
- Nature preservation
- Social services & disaster relief
- STEP Up for Schools projects
- Youth support at clubs & camps
- Assistance for special needs adults
- Support for children with disabilities
- Food pantries
- Help for the underfed
- Food banks
- Assistance for the homeless
- Short-term housing
- Low income assistance
- Crisis and transition assistance