California Residents: If you are a California resident, please see the California Privacy Rights section below for our notice at collection and additional information, including on your rights under California law.
This policy does not apply to information we may receive from our customers as a service provider, and it does not apply to employees, independent contractors, or job applicants of Convergint (for which we maintain a separate privacy notice). It also does not apply to end users of products or systems that we sell to or deploy, configure, support, or manage for our customers — such end users should refer to privacy notices provided by the respective customers.
As part of our commitment to Being Our Customers’ Best Service Provider, Convergint Technologies is committed to protecting the privacy of those who visit our websites and with whom we do business. We understand the importance of keeping your information secure.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. For purposes of this Policy, unless otherwise required by applicable law, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies you, relates to or describes you, is reasonably capable of being associated with you, or could reasonably be linked to you. Personal Information is different from General Data Analytics, discussed below. Categories of Personal Information we may collect about you include:
- Identification and Contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, company address, phone number, and email address
- Company profile information about your company (g., type, size, category, or geographic location of your company)
- Billing, payment, purchase, sale, and transaction information and history about products or services that we purchase from you (in the case of vendors) or sell to you (in the case of customers), including payment account and financial information
- Service history
- Audio of calls between you and our employee and service representatives, where permitted by law and, if required, with your consent
- Commercial information, such as about our business relationship
- Demographic information about your business, where permitted by law
- Communications history, including correspondence between us and feedback you may provide
- Internet and Browsing data, such as your IP address
- Location information, such as general location from your zip code or IP Address
- Preferences and Inferences — we may collect your preferences or make inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, and predispositions, based on other personal information we have
- Other information that you submit to or share with us from time to time
If you are simply browsing or navigating through our Site, we collect general data analytics (“General Data Analytics”) which includes browsing data generated by navigating through our Site. General Data Analytics may include information about your computer, the pages you visit on our Site, and your browsing behavior. We use this information for research, analysis, and reporting so that we can improve our navigation, page structure and page content to help visitors find information more quickly and provide more value when they find what they are looking for on our Site. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent to collect General Data Analytics.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
As is commonly done on websites, we, or an authorized third party, may place a cookie or similar tracking technology on your device that collects information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different sites. A “cookie” is a small text file containing alphanumeric characters that is stored on your computer and uniquely identifies your browser. They allow your browser to send information to the person who installed the cookies for a variety of purposes including offering you optimal navigation, producing statistics on your visits, offering you personalized content, and targeted advertising.
Like many other websites, we may use “Session Cookies” during your current visit to help with site functionality during a particular visit. We may also use “Persistent Cookies”, which allows us to track repeated visits to the Site and enable certain site functionality. For example, “Persistent Cookies” may be used to store Site Preferences to have them set for a user when that user visits the Site at a later date. In some cases, we may link cookies with other information you voluntarily provide on the Site.
We may also use web beacons or pixels to collect information from you in connection with emails that we send, such as email open rates and click-through rates, allowing us to manage the email marketing experience and activity. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of marketing emails. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your products, service announcements, or security information.
We may use the services and technologies of third parties to collect the cookie and browsing information described here, including for analytics, site management, and advertising. We also permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our site to help manage and display advertisements, and to tailor advertisements to your products or services that may interest you on our site or other sites. Our sites may have features such as, plugins, widgets, or and other tools made available by third parties that may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party, including social media sites. We may use tracking technologies to help us maintain the security of our sites, maintain and operate our sites, fix bugs, and assist with basic site functions.
For more information on the different cookies and tracking technologies on our Site, go here.
SOURCES FROM WHICH WE OBTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you: We process information that you or someone acting on your behalf directly provides to us. For example, you may provide us with Identification and Contact information, Company profile information, Billing information, Demographic information, and Commercial information when you obtain products or services from us; contact customer service; or contact us via email, over the phone, in person, or through third parties.
- From other businesses or individuals: We work with business and marketing partners and social media platforms that give us Personal Information about you that they have collected either directly or indirectly from you. We also may receive your personal information from someone acting on your behalf, such as your employer. We may obtain Personal Information about you from publicly available resources and mailing lists. We may also obtain Personal Information such as Identification and Contact information from reputable agencies whom you have permitted to share your information with third parties such as us.
- From social media: If you connect with us on a social media site, we may receive Contact and Identification information, Internet and Browsing data, and any other Personal Information contained in your social media posts or profile.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, use and disclose your information to:
- Carry out actions consistent with the express purposes for which you provided the Personal Information
- Conduct the business relationship between us and you or your organization
- Engage in pre-contractual business evaluations and vetting
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us (or by your employer and us) as well as conduct other actions consistent with our business relationship with you or your employer
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide through surveys or otherwise
- Notify you of changes to our products or services as well as third party products or services that we sold to you
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you, including activities or promotions of our products or services, or those of our affiliates
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers about our products and services
- Provide you information about the products and services of our business partners or potential business partners
- Remarket to you on third-party websites
- Send you newsletters, event notices, and announcements
- Contact you via telephone
- As we may disclose to you from time to time
We may disclose your Personal Information, in accordance with applicable laws:
To Our Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents – We may disclose your Personal Information in furtherance of the purposes listed in this policy with third parties that provide us services or help us facilitate certain functionalities, including communications, marketing, maintenance, and analytics.
To Our Business and Vendor Partners – Where appropriate, we may share your Personal Information with selected associates to help us further our business relationship with you or your employer. For example, if you are with a Convergint vendor partner, we may provide your Personal Information to a prospective Convergint customer that may be interested in your company’s products or services; and if you are with a Convergint customer, we may provide your Personal Information to a Convergint vendor partner with product or service offerings that may be of interest to you.
To Third Party Marketing Partners – We may disclose information to third-party social media networks, advertising networks, and websites so that we can market and advertise on third party platforms and websites.
During Business Transfers – If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries and/or if our company becomes acquired in whole or in part, such a transaction may involve the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such information from sellers.
For Safety and Legal Reasons – Please be aware that, in certain circumstances, Personal Information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceedings, court order, or legal process. We may also share your Personal Information to protect our rights, property, or safety of our colleagues, or that of our business partners, suppliers or clients, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights, property, or safety have been, or could be, affected. We may disclose customer information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation
To other entities and for other purposes as we may disclose to you from time to time.
We may also share anonymous or de-identified data on an aggregate basis in the normal course of operating our business; for example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Where the GDPR applies, we are required to process your Personal Information for certain permitted purposes, and can confirm that we only carry out processing either:
(a) with your consent
(b) in line with the our legitimate business interests;
(c) to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and/or
(d) pursuant to a contract in place between us and you.
Our international footprint may involve the transfer of Personal Information between different subsidiaries, as well as to third parties located in the countries where we do business. Some countries have implemented transfer restrictions for Personal Information. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission, or similar contractual clauses in other jurisdictions, along with other appropriate supplemental measures to protect the data being transferred. This includes transfers to suppliers or other third parties. You may request a copy of our transfer mechanisms by sending an email to [email protected].
We will not retain Personal Information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing, complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have a question related to this Privacy Notice, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. Your message should include your company name with specific details of your inquiry and it will be forwarded to the appropriate member of our legal or Data Protection Team for the proper response.
For the purposes of the GDPR, the controller of your Personal Information is Convergint Technologies LLC, Attn: Data Privacy Officer, One Commerce Drive, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173, United States of America.
Convergint Technologies LLC acts as a Data Processor for Personal Information regarding end users of products or systems that we sell to or deploy, configure, support, or manage for our customers — such end users should refer to privacy notices provided by the respective customers.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you are a resident of the European Union or United Kingdom, in the event you consider our processing of your Personal Information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint directly with us by sending an email to [email protected] and providing specific details of the complaint, including the name of your company if applicable. You may also be eligible to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The names and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. The Data Protection Authority for the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office, and their contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or an individual under 13 has provided their Personal Information through our Site, please contact us using the information provided in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section above. If we learn that we have received Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our records and systems.
We employ reasonable procedural and technical measures that are designed to help protect your Personal Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not overcome any such measures and gain access to your information for unauthorized purposes. By using the Site, you accept the risk that compromise of and unauthorized access to your information is possible.
EU PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Union, you can request to access, update or correct your Personal Information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing. To make such a request or lodge such an objection, please send an email to [email protected]. Please specify our company name (so that we know which company you are contacting us about) and provide details of your request. We will contact you if we need more information to process your request.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, and your Personal Information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under the GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your Personal Information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your Personal Information. You can make these requests by sending an email to [email protected], providing the details of your request.